Frequently Asked Questions
YOUR CREDITSCORECOMPLETE MEMBERSHIP
How do I access my CreditScoreComplete membership benefits?
To access your CreditScoreComplete membership benefits, log into http://www.creditscorecomplete.com using your email address and password. Once you're logged into the website, you can access all of your membership benefits.
What is CreditScoreComplete SM?
CreditScoreComplete SM is a comprehensive credit management and identity theft protection membership program. It provides you with unlimited online access to your Triple Bureau Credit Scores, daily Triple-Bureau Credit Alerts via email of critical changes to your credit activity, and Identity Theft Restoration Services.
As a member, you also have access to a variety of other benefits, including exclusive discounts on Internet security software, an online Learning Center full of informative articles, and much more!
What's included with my CreditScoreComplete membership?
As a member of CreditScoreComplete you'll receive:
- Unlimited, online access to your Triple Bureau Credit Scores from TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian
- Credit Alerts via email whenever critical credit activity occurs in your name
- Unlimited, toll-free access to our Credit Customer Service team
- Access to a team of Licensed Investigators who truly understand the problems surrounding identity theft and are available to answer your questions and offer their expertise regarding any concerns you may have. And should you become a victim of identity fraud, your investigator will help restore your identity to its pre-theft status
- Access to your free annual Social Security Report
- Exclusive savings on Internet security software to help you keep your personal information safe online
- A complimentary Family Organizer CD-Rom from Kiplinger to help you keep your family's personal information organized and safe
- Complimentary access to Locksmith Rebate certificates and a Lost Key Return service
- Access to our online Credit and Identity Theft Learning Center
When will I receive my Welcome email and login instructions?
You'll receive your Welcome email within 24 hours after enrolling in the program. Please make sure you add email@example.com to your address book to ensure the email reaches your inbox.
If you misplaced or did not receive your Welcome message, please send us an email or call us toll-free at 1-800-316-8750 so we can resend it.
YOUR TRIPLE BUREAU CREDIT SCORES
How can I view my Triple Bureau Credit Scores?
To get your triple bureau credit scores, follow these steps:
- Log into http://www.creditscorecomplete.com using your email address and password
- Next, click "See All 3 Scores & Reports" on your credit center dashboard
- You'll then be asked to complete a one-time verification of your identity with our credit service provider by answering a series of multiple choice questions based on the information found in your credit information and public records. You may be asked questions about your:
- Social Security number
- Loans and mortgages you have had
- Previous employers and addresses
After you've completed the identity verification process, click "Next" to view your Triple Bureau Credit Scores!
How often can I request my updated credit scores?
As a member of CreditScoreComplete , you can request new credit scores every 30 days. Checking your credit scores at all three bureaus each month will help ensure that inaccurate or fraudulent information is corrected promptly — before it negatively affects your credit score.
I'm selecting the correct answer(s). Why won't Identity Verification confirm my identity?
The Identity Verification process pulls specific credit information about you and sometimes this information isn't up-to-date or is inaccurate. For example, you may have recently paid off a loan that hasn't been reported to the credit bureau yet. If you're unable to pass Identity Verification, you'll be instructed on how to proceed, depending on your particular situation.
What is Identity Verification, and how does it work?
The Identity Verification process protects your privacy by ensuring that only YOU can view your Triple Bureau Credit Scores.
Identity Verification confirms your identity through a series of questions based on accounts and personal information contained in your credit history. Here's how it works:
- The system presents you with a question based upon information contained in your credit history.
- You select the answer from a list of possible choices, and your answer is compared with the information on file.
- When enough correct information about you has been confirmed, you'll have access to your online credit scores.
- If your identity can't be confirmed online, you'll be given instructions on how to continue.
Why are my credit scores different at each of the three bureaus?
Banks, retailers, and other sources aren't required to report your credit transactions to every credit bureau, so the information at one credit bureau may be different from the information found at another bureau. Since your credit scores are calculated based on the information at each bureau, your credit score can vary at each bureau.
Why can't I access my credit scores?
There are some instances in which we're unable to provide members with immediate online access to their credit scores. These instances can occur when:
- We aren't able to verify your identity. For your security, we only deliver your credit scores when you pass our online identity verification process.
- We're experiencing a technical issue. If you believe we're experiencing a technical issue, send us an email now so we can resolve the problem.
- The credit bureau doesn't return a credit score. Sometimes the credit bureau doesn't have enough information to create a credit score for you. If this is the case, you will be instructed on how to continue.
If you need more information, please contact us online or call us at 1-800-316-8750.
YOUR CREDIT ALERT SERVICE
What are Triple Bureau Credit Alerts, and how does Credit Monitoring work?
Triple Bureau Credit Alerts are email notifications that are sent to members of CreditScoreComplete when credit activity occurs in their names at one of the three national credit bureaus — TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian.
Once you request your credit scores as a member of CreditScoreComplete , your credit monitoring service is automatically activated. You'll receive a Credit Alert whenever one of the three credit bureaus posts new information; the alerts will be sent to the email address you provided during enrollment.
How much does Credit Monitoring cost me?
Credit monitoring is one of the benefits you receive when you join CreditScoreComplete , so it's covered by your monthly membership fee.
When will I receive Credit Alerts?
As a member of CreditScoreComplete , your credit information will be monitored every day, and you'll be alerted immediately via email if any critical changes occur at any of the three bureaus — TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian. You'll also receive a monthly credit summary email if no activity occurs, as well as a quarterly credit summary email.
What kind of credit activity will I receive Credit Alerts about?
As a member of CreditScoreComplete , you'll be notified immediately if any of the following activity occurs:
- Suspicious activity that could be the result of fraud
- Activity that could improve or hurt your credit score
- New inquiries (companies or creditors requesting your credit report, usually as the result of a recent credit application)
- New accounts opened in your name
- Late payments
- Bankruptcies and other public records
- New addresses
- New employers
YOUR ID THEFT CONSULTATION & RESTORATION SERVICE
What is Identity Theft Restoration, and how does it Work?
Identity Theft Restoration is a service provided by Kroll, Inc. and is included with the price of your membership. In order to be eligible, you must activate the service before you become a victim of identity theft, and you must be a member of when you access the service. There is no additional cost for activating your service.
Once the service is activated, if your identity is stolen while you're a member of , you have access to Kroll's team of Licensed Investigators, who will guide you through the process of restoring your identity to its pre-theft status as quickly and efficiently as possible. They'll also search through public databases looking for additional signs of identity theft that might go unnoticed and unreported.
Please note that the Identity Theft Restoration service can only be provided if the identity theft takes place in the United States or one of its territories.
What is the Identity Theft Consultation service, and how can I use it?
The Identity Theft Consultation service is provided by Kroll Inc. and is included with the price of your membership. In order to be eligible to use the service, you must activate* the service before using it, and you must still be a member of when you access the service.
Once the service is activated, you can have greater peace of mind knowing that, whether you think you're a victim of identity theft or not, you have access to Kroll's team of Licensed Investigators, who will answer your questions and guide you through the following situations:
- You want to understand best practices for financial transactions, use of Social Security numbers, consumer privacy, shopping or communicating online, preventing identity theft of the deceased, protecting the identity of minors, and more.
- Your wallet or purse is lost or stolen, and you want to know what you should do.
- You receive a security breach letter indicating that your information has been compromised, and you want to know how you should respond.
- You want to inquire about collection agency abuse and your rights.
- You need help analyzing and interpreting your credit information.
- You need assistance with placing a fraud alert or credit freeze.
- And much more!
*Please note that you won't be charged any additional fee for activating this service.
GENERAL ACCOUNT QUESTIONS
Can I cancel parts of my CreditScoreComplete membership?
No. Unfortunately, we can’t separate out specific benefits from the total package. CreditScoreComplete is a complete package of benefits that are designed to work together to assist our members.
How can I cancel my membership?
You can cancel by sending an email via the Contact Us page or by calling 1-800-316-8750 toll-free.
How can I change my address on file?
Visit our Contact Us page to send us an e-mail, or call us toll-free at 1-800-316-8750. If you choose to send an e-mail, please select the "Program/Benefit Questions" subject heading, and be sure to include your new address so we can process the change.
How can I contact you?
Visit our Contact Us page to send an e-mail, or call us toll-free at 1-800-316-8750
How do I change my login information?
To change your login information, please follow these steps:
1. Log into your account and go to the “My Account” link at the top of the page.
2. Click the "Edit Email Address" or "Edit Password" link. You will be asked to confirm your password.
3. After your password is confirmed, update your login information.
How do I change my security questions and answers?
To change your security questions and answers, please follow these steps:
1. After you have logged into your account, go to the "My Account" link at the top of the page.
2. Click the "Edit Security Questions" link. You will be asked to confirm your password.
3. Once your password is confirmed, you can update your security questions and answers.
How do I stop receiving future marketing emails?
Click here to visit our Contact Us page. Once you're there, select "Unsubscribe from future marketing" from the drop-down menu, and email us your request. Please be sure to include your name and membership ID number as well as the email address you'd like us to remove from our distribution list.
Please note that you'll continue to receive emails about your account as long as you're an active member of CreditScoreComplete.
I forgot my membership ID number. What should I do?
If you forgot your membership ID number, click here to retrieve it.
Is there a trial membership period? How does it work?
Upon enrolling in CreditScoreComplete, you may have a trial membership period during which you can use all of the program benefits as much as you'd like. If you find the service is not for you, you can cancel by calling 1-800-316-8750 toll-free before the trial period ends, and you won't be charged a membership fee. If you wish to continue with your membership after the trial period you agreed to, the membership fee will automatically be charged to the billing source authorized by you at the time of enrollment. Online enrollees will be charged a refundable $1.00 processing fee, in accordance with the agreed-upon enrollment terms.
Is this website secure?
CreditScoreComplete wants you to feel completely safe and secure during your visit to our website. Protecting your credit information and identity is our first priority. That's why we use the latest security technology to protect your private information during any transaction you make with CreditScoreComplete.
Our website uses 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology that encrypts (or scrambles) your information during the transmission of any personally identifiable information you submit, including your credit card information. Encrypting your private information prevents it from being read while it's being transferred through the Internet. We contract with industry experts to institute and review our web security on a periodic basis.
Here's how to tell that your CreditScoreComplete transaction is secure:
- If you're using a Netscape or Microsoft browser, you'll see a small key or padlock in the bottom right-hand corner of your browser window. This indicates that your transaction is secure.
- Look at the URL address. A URL that begins with "https://" is also an indication that your credit card information is being transmitted to a secure server.
What do I do if I can't find the question that I'm looking for?
Send us an email, and a Customer Care Representative will get back to you as soon as possible
What if I forgot my password?
If you have forgotten your password, click the "Forgot Password?" link on the CreditScoreComplete login page.
Why do I have a member ID?
Your Membership ID may be necessary for your initial login to the website as well as for contacting Member Services. You'll find your Membership ID in your CreditScoreComplete welcome materials.